Top of page
Skip to main content
COVID-19 Information: Masks are required indoors on PCC campuses and in centers. Learn more on the COVID-19 & Updates Page.
teenager on phone sitting in living room

Dual Enrollment Faculty

As a high school instructor, you can become certified to teach dual enrollment (DE) courses. To teach DE courses, you must meet certification requirements and complete Pima's faculty certification process.

Arizona Teachers Academy Scholarship

The Arizona Teachers Academy (ATA) tuition scholarship is available to provide you the financial support you need to meet the requirements to teach Dual Enrollment courses at your high school (see requirements below).

How does it work?

  1. Apply to an Arizona public university
  2. Apply for federal student aid through FAFSA
  3. Enroll in a program of your choice and complete ATA agreement form
  4. Complete your degree or post-graduate certificate
  5. Teach in an Arizona public schoool for each year you receive funding*

To learn more, check the ATA eligible degree programs available at each University:

*To receive the scholarship, you must commit to one year of teaching in an Arizona public school for each year you receive the scholarship.

Certification Requirements

The certification requirements for dual enrollment faculty will vary depending on the content area. Generally, the minimum certification requirements are:

  • A Master’s degree in the discipline to be taught (i.e. the academic courses), or
  • 18 graduate credit hours in the discipline, or
  • An in-progress doctoral dissertation (i.e. defended proposal) in any discipline with 24 graduate semester hours in the discipline.
If you are teaching a Career and Technical Education (CTE) course, there are additional requirements that vary for each academic area. These requirements may include:
  • The minimum certification requirements, or
  • A Bachelor’s degree in any field of study, or
  • A Bachelor’s degree in any field and 3 years of direct work experience in the field, or
  • An Associate’s degree in any field and 5 years of direct work experience in the field, or
  • 64 semester credit hours in the field of study and 5 years of direct work experience in the field, or
  • An industry-recognized certification in the field of study and 5 years of direct work experience in the field, or
  • A valid license in the field of study and 5 years of direct work experience in the field.

For questions pertaining to the process, please contact your dual enrollment point of contact.

Faculty Certification Process

Please note: You must be appropriately credentialed or be on an approved education plan prior to the start of teaching your dual enrollment class(es).

Step 1:  Complete the pre-screening form and the online adjunct application for employment. 

Step 2:  Request your official transcripts be sent to the Faculty Certification Office.

Send your undergraduate and graduate (if appropriate) official transcripts to the Faculty Certification Office in a sealed (i.e. unopened) envelope.

Transcripts may be sent and/or hand delivered to:

Faculty Certification Office
2202 W Anklam Rd, Tucson, AZ 85709-0315


Step 3:  Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae to your DE point of contact via email.

Step 4:  If CTE, submit current and valid license or certificate to your DE point of contact via email.    

Step 5:  Allow 4-8 weeks for processing of your application depending on the submission of your official transcripts and other materials and the volume of applications.

Faculty Certification Approval

Once approved, you will receive notification from the Faculty Certification Office and a request for you to submit the necessary paperwork. You will also receive your "A" number (i.e. faculty ID) and instructions on how to set-up your MyPima account, which will provide you with access to a variety of faculty resources.

Please complete and submit required paperwork to the Faculty Certification Office in a timely manner to finalize the faculty credentialing process.


Please contact the Faculty Certification Office at 520.206.3181 or

Back to main content Back to top