Top of page
Skip to main content
Governing Board Selects Dr. Jeffrey P. Nasse as New PCC Chancellor
Two students study in a Pima classroom

Drop, Add or Withdrawal

You can drop, add, or withdraw from a class up until the deadline. Changing your course schedule may affect financial aid, veterans’ benefits, international student status, academic standing, or athletic eligibility. 

New, continuing, and returning students should log in to MyPima or fill out a registration form to make any schedule changes. 

Students who are using VA Education benefits should contact Military & Veteran Services if any changes need to be made to a certified enrollment.

Before changing your schedule, talk to an advisor or counselor to see how these changes will affect you.

How to add a class

Some courses may require permission to add, and all courses should be added before the registration deadline.

To add a course after the registration deadline, you will need to:

You may be charged an additional fee if you add a class that has a course fee or if you add a class after the refund deadline.

How to drop a class

You must drop a class before the official refund deadline. You will receive a refund and the class will be erased from your record. See our Refund Policy for more details.

If you drop a class after the refund deadline, you will not receive a refund and may be financially liable for tuition and fees. 

Current students can view course-specific drop/refund deadlines in MyPima on the Academics tab under My Schedule.

Please note that Pima reserves the right to drop unpaid registrations. Dropping unwanted classes remains the student’s responsibility.

How to withdraw

You will not receive a refund for a class from which you withdraw. You will receive a grade of “W” (official withdrawal) on your academic record. Withdrawing won’t affect your GPA, but a “W” will remain on your permanent record. 

Withdrawing from a course may affect your academic standing or your Satisfactory Academic Progress. We recommend speaking with an advisor or counselor to determine your best course of action.

If you do not follow the withdrawal procedure, you may receive a failing grade.

Students wishing to completely withdraw from the College must submit the Notice of Complete Withdrawal From Pima Community College Form to a campus Student Services Center. Students at a distance can call 520-206-6408 or email [email protected] for assistance.

Be aware there may be financial aid implications to complete withdrawals. Military Service Members who must completely withdraw while using Tuition Assistance please refer to Unearned Tuition Assistance Funds Policy.

Back to main content Back to top