Top of page
Skip to main content
Due to unforeseen circumstances, all members of the Pima Community College (PCC) Governing Board will be attending the Board's March 8, 2023, Regular Meeting remotely. At the discretion of the Board Chair, PCC administrators and others making scheduled presentations to the Board may also be appearing remotely. Tonight's meeting will otherwise be conducted in a hybrid format as previously noticed, and members of the public may still attend in person at PCC's District Office, room C-105. During the "Public Comment-Call to the Audience" portion of tonight's meeting, public comments may still be made either remotely or in person. PCC staff will be on-site in room C-105 to assist members of the public attending in person who wish to address comments to the Board.
A Student  stands smiling inside of a study lounge at Pima's Desert Vista campus

WUE & New Mexico-Arizona Agreement

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

PCC participates in the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE). Through WUE, residents of 14 Western states can enroll at PCC at a reduced tuition rate, 150% of PCC’s in-state tuition.

a Map of participating WUE States

Participating states

Students residing in the following states can attend PCC through WUE:

  • Alaska
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • North Dakota
  • Oregon
  • South Dakota
  • Utah
  • Washington
  • Wyoming

How to participate

Note:  You must maintain your residency in your home state.  This is not a path to Arizona state residency.

  • Apply for admission to PCC. Indicate your correct residency status (out-of-state).
  • Complete a WUE application.  The application is also available at any Campus Student Services Center or from the WUE Coordinator by calling (520) 206-4640

For additional requirements

  • WUE is coordinated by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education, which maintains an FAQ.
  • Contact PCC admissions:  (520) 206-4640

New Mexico-Arizona Tuition Reciprocity Agreement

PCC and four other Arizona community colleges offer selected students who reside in New Mexico enrollment at PCC with Arizona in-state tuition rates.  We are able to do this through a reciprocity agreement with the New Mexico Higher Education Department.

The agreement limits the number of students from New Mexico that PCC can accept, and gives preference to residents of Grant, Hidalgo and Luna counties.

How to participate

Note:  To participate, you must maintain your New Mexico state residency.

For additional requirements:

  • Contact PCC Admissions at (520) 206-4640.
Back to main content Back to top