On February 26, 2015 the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) placed Pima Community College On Notice. Pima submitted a Notice Report to the HLC on June 29, 2016 documenting our efforts in fully meeting all elements of the HLC criteria.
The College remains fully accredited while On Notice which does not affect PCC's ability to offer financial aid to our students. Also, we do not anticipate any change in a student’s ability to transfer courses.
The Accreditation FAQ provides additional information on accreditation, PCC's current status, financial aid and course transfer.
Statement of Affiliation Status
HLC Contact Information
Contact information for the HLC:
Pima Community College can be contacted at (520) 206-4500 or at 4905 E Broadway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85709.
Information on recent activities related to PCC accreditation status.
- November 2016: PCC is awaiting receipt of the HLC Focused Visit Feedback Report
- Sept. 15, 2106: Chancellor provides an update on accreditation and other matters in a "Conversation with the Community attended by internal and external stakeholders
- Sept. 13, 2016: Chancellor emails an update to the PCC community.
- Sept. 1, 2016: Provost emails an update to the PCC community
- July 1, 2016: HLC approves additional locations for instruction; required confirmation site visit will be scheduled
- June 30, 2016: PCC submits Notice Report to the HLC