Top of page
Skip to main content
Governing Board Selects Dr. Jeffrey P. Nasse as New PCC Chancellor
A Student Services Employee assists a student

Paying with Financial Aid

Applying for financial aid determines whether you are eligible for federal loans. At Pima, we encourage all students to apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) through the Department of Education.

Pima’s Financial Aid Office offers a step-by-step guide to applying for financial aid.

Guidelines for paying with financial aid 

If you receive financial aid, your award will be disbursed to your student account and applied to any unpaid tuition and fees. Check your MyPima financial aid page under Awards to see if your aid has been granted.

You must pay the remaining balance of your tuition and fees that is not covered by financial aid. You may pay in full or enroll in a payment plan to divide your bill into three installments. If you are expecting financial aid but it has not been disbursed by the official drop deadline, it is your responsibility to pay your tuition and fees. See the financial aid disbursement dates.

If you register for additional classes after your financial aid has been disbursed, you are responsible for paying any additional tuition and fees.

Dropping and withdrawing courses with financial aid

Considering dropping or withdrawing from a class? If you do either before the Pell Recalculation Date or before you attend the class, the Financial Aid Office may pull back the funds associated with that class. You will be notified by the Financial Aid Office and may need to pay back any refund that was sent to you.

If you receive financial aid and withdraw from all active Title IV classes at Pima, you may not have earned the financial aid you received. Any unearned funds must be returned. Please note you will be billed by Pima for any unearned funds that we have to return to federal programs due to the required R2T4 calculation. 

To see if this would affect you, please speak with an academic advisor or refer to Dropping or Withdrawing and Financial Aid. You are responsible for paying any balance on your student account resulting from a recalculation of aid.

Returning financial aid funds

In the event that you no longer need financial aid, you can return the funds. This can help you save on loan interest and we recommend it if you are not using your aid.

Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.

Back to main content Back to top