Program Outcomes - Welding AAS
Upon successful completion of the Welding Technology AAS Degree program, the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe work habits that reflect concern and care for self, others and the environment.
- Successfully perform welding operations using appropriate processes on various metals and in various situations.
- Interpret blueprints and verbal orders, including weld symbols in order to fabricate using tools of the welding trade.
- Perform quality welds and cuts to industry standards.
- Demonstrate skills that meet or exceed industry certifications, such as American Welding Society (AWS) American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), and American Petroleum Institute (API).
Program Effectiveness Data
For Academic Year 2012/13, PCC student pass rates for those industry examinations for which data is available are given below.
American Welding Society
- D1.1 Structural Welding Code - Steel Exam (C1): 30 students tested, 27 students passed (90.00% pass rate)