Program Outcomes - Community Health Advisor Certificate
Upon successful completion of the Community Health Advisor Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the role and skill set of Social Work within the U. S. Social Welfare System.
- Understand the scope of work and techniques used to create wellness in the community.
- Apply report writing principles to create and maintain records.
- Apply the concepts and skills learned in SSE classes in 225 hours of field experience and supervision in a local social service agency.
- Understand substance use disorders, addiction and treatments in the U. S.
- Apply Social Work theories and skills to intervention in family violence and child abuse and neglect cases.
- Use crisis theory and crisis intervention techniques to address family violence.
- Demonstrate understanding of the youth service delivery system and the principles and techniques of working with youth.
- Apply principles and techniques of community organizing to effect change.
- Apply knowledge of diversity and use multicultural approaches in service delivery.
- Know and practice the values and ethics of the Social Work profession.