Program Outcomes - Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education AAS
Upon successful completion of the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education AAS degree program, the learner will be able to:
- Analyze the basic components of fire as a chemical chain reaction, the major phases of fire, and examine the main factors that influence fire spread and fire behavior.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fire chemistry, combustion, extinguishing agents, and the foundation for fire fighting strategies and tactics.
- Identify indicators of collapse in various building construction methods, and identify the indicators of potential structural failure as they relate to firefighter safety
- Identify why the fire service is focusing greater attention on the integration of risk management with incident management at all levels.
- Utilize the different types of personal protective equipment necessary to maintain a safe environment.
- Identify different techniques for handling a rescue.