Program Outcomes - Pharmacy Technology AAS
Upon successful completion of the Pharmacy Technology AAS program, the learner will be able to:
- Students will be able apply introductory pharmacy concepts.
- Increase proficiency in the Practical Skills required of a Pharmacy Technician in the two most common environments: retail and Hospital.
- Describe the Legal Aspects and Scope of Practice of the Pharmacy Technician.
- Recognize brand and generic names of the medications, and categorize them by mechanism of actions based on the anatomy and physiology changes or processes.
- Create connections between pharmacology and the medications being taught.
- Students will be able to access and use various reference materials in the pharmacy practice setting.
Program Effectiveness Data
For Academic Year 2012/13, PCC student pass rates for those industry examinations for which data is available are given below.
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB):
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE): 20 students tested, 18 students passed (90.00% pass rate)