Program Outcomes - Practical Nurse
Upon successful completion of the Practical Nurse Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Apply the nursing process for a group of clients with health care alterations.
- Safely perform nursing procedures.
- Demonstrate mathematical competency in calculating medication dosages.
- Demonstrate synthesis of previous nursing knowledge, skills, and attitudes in a clinical setting.
- Communicate with members of the health care team to promote health outcomes for a group of clients.
- Integrate the client’s cultural and spiritual preferences when providing individualized interventions for a group of clients.
- Collaborate with client/family/caregiver/health care team to establish priorities, anticipate risk, and provide for discharge transition.
- Perform within scope of practice and support health care team in designing and implementing nursing plans of care for clients with health care alternations.