Program Goals & Faculty
The curriculum in Pima’s Medical Laboratory Technology program is designed to prepare graduates to pass the ASCP certification examination. The curriculum emphasizes a higher level of math, science, and critical reasoning skills for proficient formulation of oral and written communications.
The MLT faculty upholds the mission of Pima Community College by preparing highly qualified medical laboratory technicians to enter the clinical laboratory field with the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for clinical competence, as well as the skills needed to grow in their careers.
- Amee Rosales, M.Ed, MT (ASCP), Program director, Co-ops, Immunohematology, Phlebotomy, Body Fluids, Serology
- Ann Haber, MS, MT(ASCP), Faculty instructor, Hematology and Chemistry
- Sherri Epling, BS MLT (ASCP), Adjunct faculty, Urinalysis
- Lisa Partin, MT(ASCP) SH, Adjunct faculty, Hematology
- Laurel Burnham, M(ASCP), MLT, Adjunct faculty, Microbiology
- Linda Saavedra, MHA, MT(ASCP), Adjunct faculty, Serology (substitute teacher)
- Kathleen Nowak, MT(ASCP), Adjunct faculty (substitute teacher)
- Kay Tetrault, BS MT (ASCP) , Adjunct faculty, Chemistry (substitute teacher)