Pima’s Dental Hygiene Program provides accessible high-quality education to prepare students to provide dental hygiene patient care.
Dental Hygiene Program Goals
- To meet or exceed the educational standards established by the College, the Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners and the American Dental Association on Dental Accreditation.
- To develop community partnerships that benefits the education of our students.
- To promote and support lifelong learning and career progression through dental hygiene continuing education.
- To graduate students who are knowledgeable, clinically competent, ethical and caring professionals.
- To prepare students to qualify for and successfully pass the written and practical board examinations necessary for national and regional examinations for state licensure.
- Incorporate program and community health activities to introduce and promote diversity and multicultural growth and development.
- Enhance student recruitment, remediation, retention and program completion.
- Make the most of evidence-based instruction and service learning to develop and expand student skills in current dental trends and technology.
- Ensure that all outcome measures meet the accountability guidelines of the College, the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation and the needs of the community.
- Develop distance learning formats.