Program Outcomes - Dental Hygiene AAS
Upon successful completion of the Dental Hygiene AAS Degree program, the learner will be able to:
- Apply evidence-based practice, methodology, and technological practices in the dental field.
- Demonstrate and evaluate effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with diverse population groups and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide oral health programs to diverse communities and populations to prevent oral disease and promote oral health
- Articulate, demonstrate, and evaluate strategies and experiences which promote ethics, ethical reasoning and professionalism.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and decision making skills to provide effective and efficient dental hygiene services and for life-long learning.
- Apply the dental hygiene process of care to diverse population groups.
Program Effectiveness Data
For Academic Year 2015/16, PCC student pass rates for those industry examinations for which data is available are given below.
National Dental Hygiene Board:
- Examination: 22 students tested, 20 students passed (90.00% pass rate)
Western Regional Examining Board:
- Dental Hygiene Clinical exam: 22 students tested, 22 students passed (100.00% pass rate)
- Local Anesthesia exam: 22 students tested, 22 students passed (100.00% pass rate)