Program Outcomes - Special Education Mild-Moderate Disabilities Certification - Certified Teachers
Upon successful completion of the Special Education Mild-Moderate Disabilities Certification for Certified Teachers Post-Degree certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Apply understanding of individual differences and diverse cultures and communities to ensure inclusive learning environments that enable each learner to meet high standards.
- Recognize and create learning environments that support individual and collaborative learning, and that encourage positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation.
- Understand the central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structures of the relevant discipline(s) and create learning experiences that make the discipline accessible and meaningful for learners to assure mastery of the content.
- Understand how to connect concepts and use differing perspectives to engage learners in critical thinking, creativity, and collaborative problem solving.
- Understand and utilize multiple methods of assessment to engage learners in their own growth, to monitor learner progress, and to guide the teacher’s and learner’s decision making.
- Plan instruction that supports every student in meeting rigorous learning goals by drawing upon knowledge of content areas, curriculum, cross-disciplinary skills, and pedagogy, as well as knowledge of learners.
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies to encourage learners to develop deep understanding of content areas and their connections, and to build skills to apply knowledge in meaningful ways.
- Engage in ongoing professional learning and use evidence to continually evaluate his/her practice, particularly the effects of his/her choices and actions on others.
- Design and evaluate learning experiences incorporating digital tools and resources to maximize content learning.