Program Outcomes - Translation and Interpretation Studies Certificate
Upon successful completion of the Translation and Interpretation Studies certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate an accurate and faithful translation in the target text.
- Demonstrate the ability to render consecutive interpretation.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform sight translations with little or no preparation.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret simultaneously.
- Demonstrate accuracy in translation/interpretation at all linguistic levels (phonemic, morphological, syntactic, semantic, and pragmatic).
- Differentiate between interpretation and translation and the basic skills needed for translation and interpretation.