Program Outcomes - ASL and Interpreter Studies
Upon successful completion of the Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts Degree program, the learner will be able to:
- Effectively communicate information, ideas and/or arguments in ASL and English appropriate to the audience and purpose.
- Demonstrate understanding of the values and influence of diverse cultural, historical and global perspectives of and in the Deaf community.
Upon successful completion of the ASL and Interpreter Studies Concentration, the learner will be able to:
- Manage more complicated interactions using expanded American Sign Language (ASL) grammatical structures
- Analyze ASL and English discourse to create and evaluate translations across languages (ASL and English) for faithfulness to the source text.
- Demonstrate awareness of diversity within the Deaf community and apply this knowledge in ethical decision-making scenarios.
- Create an e-portfolio that includes: letters of recommendation, English writing sample, 2-ASL videos, translation sample, unofficial transcripts and fingerprint clearance card.