Program Admission - RN Refresher
Applying for Program Admission
The RN Refresher program requires a special program application through the Center for Training and Development. The following basic requirements must be fulfilled before students may begin the application process. Students must:
- Obtain an Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Pass a urine toxicology screening exam.
- Have passed the NCLEX-RN
- Be able to perform a number of physical activities in the clinical portion of the program. At a minimum, a student will be required to lift patients, stand for several hours at a time and perform bending activities. The clinical nursing experience also places students under considerable mental and emotional stress as they undertake responsibilities and duties impacting patients’ lives. A student must be able to demonstrate rational and appropriate behavior under stressful conditions. The student should give careful consideration to the mental and physical demands of the program before applying for program admission.
How to Apply
Students interested in the RN Refresher training program must attend a Center for Training and Development (CTD) Information Session. Days and times for the sessions are given below. No appointment is necessary and walk-ins are welcome!
CTD Information Sessions are held at the Desert Vista Campus:
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month at 9:00 am. Check in at the Welcome Desk in the Plaza Building.
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 6:00 pm. Check in at the Welcome Desk in the Plaza Building.
The Health Career Opportunities with Personalized Educational Supports (HPOG/HOPES) program orientation information is given at the end of each session.