4th Annual Ethnic, Gender & Transborder Studies Summit, April 26
March 27, 2019
Join Us for an Exploration of the Roots of Raza Studies
Sign up now for “The Maya-Maíz Roots of Raza Studies,” a collaborative conference between Pima, the University of Arizona and Arizona State University.
- When: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., April 26
- Where: Amethyst Room at Downtown Campus, 1255 N. Stone Ave.
- Cost: Free and open to the public; lunch for all day registrants
- RSVP: Register online! EGTS Summit 2019: Maya-Maiz Roots
- More information: call (520) 206-7181
- PCC staff continuing education units are available
- This event includes a scholarship contest. Learn more: https://pima.academicworks.com/opportunities
There will be panels, storytelling, performances, and art presenting diverse, indigenous perspectives from Mexico and the United States. Featured speakers, including “La Bamba filmmaker” Luis Valdez, will share their work and talk about our strengths, connections and shared struggles.
For Pima students, there is an EGTS Summit scholarship contest (essay, creative writing and visual arts categories). The deadline is April 15. See the guidelines at https://pima.academicworks.com/opportunities.
The event sponsors are, at Pima, the Department of Ethnic, Gender & Transborder Studies/Sociology; Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Office of International Education and Global Initiatives; Office of the Provost; Office of the Campus Presidents of Downtown and West Campuses; Division of Social Sciences; and Student Life. Outside sponsors include Arizona State University, the Department of Mexican American Studies at the University of Arizona and Mexican American Student Services at the Tucson Unified School District.