PCC Foundation Scholarships
Welcome to STARS Online, the Pima Community College Foundation’s web-based scholarship application program.
The STARS On-Line scholarship application gives you access to numerous scholarships for Pima Community College. Once you complete the application, STARS will provide a list of scholarships that best match your profile. Please read each scholarship's requirements carefully and do not apply for scholarships for which you do not qualify.
You may also apply for PCC funded scholarships through STARS Online:
- Summer 2015 Scholarships - awarded to students wanting to take classes for their certificates and degrees during the summer term. In order to qualify, students must have a current MyDegree Plan Planner completed by an academic advisor/counselor and be registered for summer 2015 courses by Friday, May 8th, 2015.
- Chancellor's Service Scholarship - awarded to new and returning PCC students who have shown competency both academically and civically. Applicants are required to have a minimum 2.5 GPA and documented completion of community service/volunteer work.
- Pima Book Scholarship - funded by Follett Bookstores and are available to help qualified PCC students purchase textbooks at the campus bookstores. Applicants are required to have a minimum 2.5 GPA and demonstrate financial need.
- Pima Opportunity Grant - awarded to students who display financial need and have a minimum 2.5 GPA. This scholarship can provide full or partial tuition and fees for PCC classes.
Application deadline for most scholarships are May 29, 2015. Unofficial transcripts or a copy of your GED diploma must also be received by the Pima Community College Foundation by that date. Applications without unofficial transcripts or GED diploma are not considered. Mail your transcripts to PCC Foundation, 4905 E Broadway Blvd, #C-252, Tucson,AZ 85709-1320; email to email@example.com; or fax to 520-206-4648.
If you are a New User, register by clicking the "Start Here" button. If you have completed a STARS application in the past, you may update your record and apply for new scholarships by entering your user name and password. If you have forgotten your user name, call the PCC Foundation office at 520-206-4646.
Be sure to read the Tips for Applying, and complete all of the information to the best of your ability.
Notifications: Students will be notified about scholarships they do and do not receive via email.
Some organizations offer scholarships through a separate application. Click on the links below to retrieve the applications.
- The Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Foundation is offering a scholarship in the amount of $2000 for the 2015-16 academic year. Half will be awarded in the fall semester and half in the spring semester, contingent on confirmed eligibility. Students must be enrolled full-time and carry a GPA of at least 2.70. Deadline is March 27, 2015.
- Chicanos Por la Causa Scholarship Program provides financial assistance and support to outstanding Arizona Chicano/Latino students who attend and plan to graduate from Pima Community College. They will award two scholarships to students who are pursuing an Associate's degree, transfer or certificate program or any skilled trades program. Follow the link for further information. Deadline is March 31.
- PlumbersStock.com is pleased to announce the opening of their Video Scholarship Contest. This is a unique scholarship contest that is being offered to an elite group of students studying in the select fields of Plumbing, HVAC, Sprinkler, and/or Irrigation. The contest is designed to help students gain real-world application experience while practicing their skills and abilities. Deadline is March 31, 2015.
- PFLAG is offering several scholarships at $1,000 to LGBT students (high school, undergraduate, and graduate students) who will be attending Pima Community College. The application deadline is March 31, 2015.
- The Global Automotive Aftermarket Symposium (GAAS) & the University of the Aftermarket Foundation (UAF) offer scholarships to students planning careers in the automotive industry. Awards will be available for summer or fall 2015 terms. Deadline is March 31.
- The Arizona Federation of Republican Women Laura Bush Scholarship is seeking a Pima College full-time female student who is an Arizona resident, has been registered as a Republican for two years and is majoring in Political Science, Business, Education, or Economics. Student must also carry a 3.0 GPA and actively involved in leadership activities. Deadline is April 1, 2015.
- Pima County Youth Art Award Scholarship is seeking high school seniors within Pima County who demonstrate excellence in the following disciplines: Dance, Music, Theater, Visual Arts, Media Arts, or Literary Arts. Applicants must be enrolled as a senior at a high school within Pima County, and graduating with the current class, a resident of Pima County and a U.S. citizen or resident alien. Deadline is April 1, 2015.
- The Digital Third Coast's Digital Marketing Scholarship is offering a $500 scholarship to students planning to study the fields of marketing, advertising, or public relations. Deadline is August 1, 2015.
- Chapman Automotive is offering a $750 per semester scholarship to students pursuing a degree in Automotive Technology, a U.S. citizen, and maintain a "B" average or better. Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis.
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Arizona offers scholarships to improve the quality of early childhood care and education experiences for young children and their families. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
If you have questions, please call the PCC Foundation at 520-206-4646.