Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Student Account Holds

Why do I have a Student Account Hold and how can I get it released?

A Student Account hold may be placed on your account for several reasons: a past due balance from a current or previous term, multiple registration deletions for non-payment, or an account that has been passed on to a collection agency.  

You cannot register for a new term or receive academic transcripts until all past due balances have been paid in full.

To locate the hold on your account:  Log in to your MyPima > At the bottom of the Quick Links Tab, click on the lower left side of the page > click on the bottom hyperlink that says ...more online student services > Student Records > View Holds

Student Account holds and how to get them released:

  • Past Due Balance Hold (Current Term or Past Term) - If you have a Past Due Balance Hold, you can resolve it by paying the balance in full. Log in to your MyPima click on the Student Tab > Register and Pay Tab > MyAccount Manager > Make a Payment or visit any campus Accounts Receivable Services / Cashier's office to pay your debt. Once the payment has been made in full, the past due balance hold should be removed in 1 business day.  (Please use the drop down menu to pay your balance in the correct term)
  • Collection Agency Hold -  If your debt has been passed on to a collection agency, you must contact that agency for resolution.  The phone number for the agency will be located in your View Holds tab.
  • Multiple Deletes for Non Pay Hold - If you have a hold for Multiple Deletes for Non Pay, you will need to meet with an academic adviser located in the Student Services Center of the campus you are attending. 
  • Contact Student Accounts Non Pay Delete Hold- Please contact Accounts Receivable Services to schedule an appointment with one of our staff members.  Please include your Name and Student ID when contacting us by email.
  • Non-Financial Hold - If you have a hold on your account placed by a department other than Accounts Receivable Services, please contact that department directly.  Accounts Receivable Services cannot release holds placed by other departments.

Contact Accounts Receivable Services for more information.