Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Paying Your Bill FAQ

Also available: 1098-T FAQ

What is the cost per credit hour?

Refer to Costs for a current schedule of tuition and fees.

Why is there a financial hold on my student account?

If you have an outstanding debt with the College you will not be allowed to register for any classes until the debt is paid in full. You can pay your balance online or at any Accounts Receivable Services / Cashier's Office. For more information about your debt, contact the Accounts Receivable Services Office (520) 206-4574.

When is my tuition payment due?

Tuition and fees must be paid in full by the published payment deadlines

What are the accepted forms of payment?

Acceptable forms of payment include

  • cash
  • personal check
  • money order
  • travelers check
  • cashier's check
  • Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover.

Make your check payable to Pima Community College. To ensure timely processing of your payment, include your student identification number and the College semester on checks, money orders, travelers' checks, and cashier's checks.

What are my payment options?

There are three ways to pay for classes.

1. Pay Online

  • login to MyPima
  • select the Students tab and then select Register and Pay
  • select My Account Manager from the Home Page select Make Payment

2. Pay in Person

3. Pay by Mail

  • make your check or money order payable to Pima Community College
  • include your student identification number and the College semester on any personal checks, money orders, cashier's checks or traveler's checks
  • mail your payment to:
    Pima Community College
    Accounts Receivable Services
    4905D East Broadway Boulevard
    Tucson, AZ 85709-1225 

Why am I charged a service fee when paying with my debit or credit card through MyAccountManager?

Effective July 10, 2018, PCC contracted with a third-party company, PayPath, to provide secure debit/credit card processing services. The service fee is being charged by the third-party processor, not Pima. This arrangement enables the College to continue to provide students with a debit/credit card payment option while reducing the overall cost of payment processing to the College. You can avoid the service fee by paying with an e-check (bank transfer from your checking or savings account).

What is the service fee?

A 2.85% service fee (minimum fee $3.00) applies to each debit/credit card payment made through MyAccountManager. Note: The service fee is subject to change.

Is there any way I can avoid paying a service fee?

Yes. You can avoid paying the debit/credit card service fee through MyAccountManager by paying with an e-check (ACH). An e-check (ACH) uses funds directly from your checking or savings account. You will need your bank routing number and account number. Payments by e-check are secure and instantaneous.

If I make a debit or credit card payment in error, is the service fee refundable?

No. The service fee is not refundable even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited or charged back.

Will the service fee that I am charged be included on my student account statement?

No. The College does not receive any part of the service fee and it will not appear on your student account statement. The fee is charged and collected by the third-party company, PayPath, and will show as a separate charge on your credit card or bank statement.

Are other colleges and universities charging a service fee for debit and credit card transactions?

Yes. These changes are in line with policies already in place at other public institutions nationwide and within the state, including the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, Coconino Community College and Eastern Arizona College.

I often receive checks from my credit card company. Can I use the routing number and account number on these checks to make an e-check (ACH) payment?

Check with your specific credit card company. Some credit card companies do not honor checks used electronically. This may cause the check to be rejected resulting in potential returned check fees, late payments and/or dropped classes due to nonpayment.

Can I make a debit or credit card payment over the phone or through the mail?

No. Credit card payments cannot be made by phone or mail.

Is there a tuition payment plan available?

Yes, there is a payment plan available. You do not have to be a financial aid recipient to qualify. Use the Payment Plan Estimator to estimate your payments.
To enroll

  • login to MyPima
  • select the Students tab and then select Register and pay
  • select My Account Manager from the Home Page then select Payment Plans


I am an Arizona resident. Why am I being charged out-of-state tuition?

Students seeking in-state tuition must meet legal requirements for both Arizona residency and U.S. citizenship. To verify in-state residency you will need to complete a Verification of Lawful Presence Form (formerly Tuition Assessment Form) online or at any campus admissions office.

If I drop a class or the class is canceled will I get a refund?

You must drop your class or classes by the refund deadline to be eligible for a refund. Tuition paid by credit or a signature debit card is refunded back to the card. If you are eligible, you can receive your refund by check or E-refund. If the College cancels a class, you will be refunded all applicable tuition and fees for that class.

I am scheduled to receive financial aid funds. What is the disbursement process?

Review your Account Balance on the Academics tab of your MyPima page.
If you see a credit balance (a negative dollar amount) your funds have been released by the Financial Aid Office and are available to be disbursed by Student Accounts. Refund processing time is approximately 5 business days. If you are unsure of your financial aid status, contact Financial Aid.

How will I receive my financial aid money?

There are three ways you can receive your financial aid:

  • Your refund can be mailed to the current address listed in MyPima. To update your address login to MyPima and select Update Personal Information under Quick Links on the Home tab.
  • Your refund can be deposited directly into your savings or checking account if you are enrolled in E-refund and your account has been verified.
  • In extenuating circumstances, you can request to pick up your refund check at the Accounts Receivable Services office. When you see a Disbursement-Refund listed in your Account Activity in MyAccountManager, send your request to From that point, it can take 5 business days for your check to print and become available. You will receive two emails from Accounts Receivable Services.  The first will be confirmation of your request for a check pick up, the second will be an email letting you know the date and time you can pick up your check. This is a manual process and therefore not guaranteed.

Where can I find my payment history?

You can access your payment history through MyPima.

  • login to MyPima
  • select the Students tab and then select Register and pay
  • select My Account Manager from the My Account Tab select Payment History from the drop-down menu 

Waivers and credits may also be included in the Payment column.

Also available: 1098-T FAQ