Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.


Also available: Student Accounts FAQ

What is a 1098-T form?

The 1098-T form is a tuition statement that colleges and universities are required by the IRS to issue to students to aid in the determination of eligibility for education tax credits.

The 1098-T is for your information and it is your responsibility to determine your eligible tax credit yourself or with the services of a tax professional. You can find more information on the IRS website.

I received a 1098-T form in the mail. Do I owe money to the College?

No, the 1098-T form is not a bill.

Which semesters are included on the 1098-T form?

The 1098-T tax form includes amounts assessed in the previous tax year.

For example, a 1098-T form for 2017 would include Spring 2018 tuition and fees if the classes were billed in December 2017. You can find more information on the IRS website.

My payments for tuition and fees are different than what is reported on my 1098-T form. Why?

The IRS allows Institutions to report either Payments Received or Amounts Billed in the calendar year. Pima Community College has elected to report qualified tuition and expenses billed (box 2). Payments are not shown on the 1098-T.

Where can I find my payment history?

You can access your payment history through MyPima.

  • login to MyPima
  • select the Students tab and then Register and pay
  • select My Account Manager 
  • select My Account and select Payment History

Waivers and credits may also be included in the Payment column.

Can I get my 1098-T electronically?

The 1098-T form is available electronically

  • login to MyPima
  • select the Students tab and then Register and pay
  • select My Account Manager 
  • your 1098-T will be listed under Statements.

Why didn't I receive a 1098-T form?

You will not receive a 1098-T if any of the following criteria apply.

  • you are enrolled exclusively in non-credit courses
  • you have an expired or inactive mailing address in MyPima. Update your mailing address in MyPima by selecting the Home tab and then selecting Update Personal Information in the Personal Info section.
  • you have not provided the College with your Social Security number (see the next question)

Why do I need to provide my Taxpayer ID to receive a 1098-T?

The IRS requires all 1098T forms to include the Taxpayer ID (Social Security Number) of the student. Students generally enter their Social Security Number (SSN) on their admissions application.

If you did not provide your SSN with you were admitted, or added it later, you can find instructions for updating your student record on the 1098T forms webpage.

If you are unsure if your SSN is in the Pima Community College system, just call or visit your campus Student Services Center.

Also available: Student Accounts FAQ