Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Form 1098-T

The IRS Form 1098-T is a tuition statement used by all colleges and universities, including Pima Community College, as required by law to report qualified educational expenses in the preceding calendar year to the IRS and most students. As the College prepares 2017 1098-T forms, for availability in January 2018, please review your options for delivery as well as your personal information by January 10, 2018.

  • Receive your IRS Form 1098-T tuition statement sooner by electing electronic delivery through your secure MyPima MyAccount Manager. Students can do this by completing the “Consent & Agreement” within the “MyAccount” tab of their MyAccountManager. Benefits to electronically receiving your Form 1098-T include:
    • Sensitive personal information is not mailed.
    • Access the electronic Form 1098-T earlier than mailed paper copies.
    • Access the form any time through MyPima MyAccountManager.
  • The IRS requires that the Form 1098-T contain the student’s Taxpayer Identification Number or Social Security Number; therefore, the College mails notifications to students who do not have this information on file. Students are encouraged to update their Taxpayer Identification Number to ensure accuracy of reporting. To update your Taxpayer Identification Number:
    • Visit any campus student services center and present a government issued photo identification (ID) and your Social Security Card or Taxpayer Identification Card. The IRS requires mailed Form 1098-T bear a postmark no later than January 31, 2018.
  • The IRS requires mailed Form 1098-T bear a postmark no later than January 31, 2018. To ensure delivery, students receiving mailed forms should verify their permanent address in MyPima and make any corrections before January 10, 2018. Due to the time and effort involved in mailing paper forms, students who receive Form 1098-T electronically will be generally able to access their forms sooner than those students who receive their forms by mail.

Form 1098-T information may aid students or, in the case of dependent students, parents or guardians when filing taxes.  Tax credits may be available, depending on individual facts and circumstances.  Please consult the IRS or a tax professional to learn more about educational credits and your eligibility as the College cannot provide tax advice.

The Form 1098-T is issued only to students. Students can provide their parent(s) or guardian(s) a copy or authorize parent access their MyAccountManager to view the electronic form. The College is unable to email or fax the Form 1098-T to anyone.

International Students: The IRS does not require the College to file a Form 1098-T for foreign students who are not US residents however, the College cannot definitively determine which foreign students are residents and is required to provide a 1098-T to resident alien students upon request. Therefore, 1098-T forms are provided to all students who have a reportable transaction, including foreign students who may or may not be eligible for an education tax benefit.

Do you have additional questions?  Check out our Form 1098-T FAQ.