Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Return to Title IV Reversal

If your registration status in all active courses at Pima Community College has been changed to "Registered Not Attending" (RN), that is considered an unofficial withdrawal.

Find out more:

What does this mean for me?

Any student who has withdrawn from all active classes and received federal financial aid for those courses must return any unearned portion of the federal aid to the Department of Education.

The institution is required to calculate the amount of aid earned through attendance to determine the unearned portion of the aid that must be returned to the Department of Education.

Two factors are used to determine the earned amount: first, the amount of money paid to the student account for cost of attendance expenses (tuition, fees, etc.); second, the amount of money paid/refunded to the student to assist with living expenses and book advances.

I've been attending my courses.  How can I appeal this?

If you believe you have been determined an unofficial withdrawal in error, you may file a one-time appeal for reinstatement of your federal aid with the Executive Director of Financial Aid.  You have 10 business days from the date of this notification to submit your appeal.

Read these instructions carefully and submit the required documents:

STEP 1: Download and complete the Return to Title IV Reversal Request.

STEP 2: Communicate with your instructor(s) to determine if you have the ability to be successful in the remainder of the course.  Each instructor must sign the form to acknowledge that you have the opportunity to be successful in their course, and they must also update your attendance in the grading system.

STEP 3: Once you have gained your instructors' signatures, sign and return it to the Financial Aid Department within 10 business days of this notification.

STEP 4: Attend your classes.  Continued attendance is the only way to ensure progress toward your academic goal. 

How will I learn the decision of my appeal?

A final decision will be sent to your PCC email within 7 business days.  Only one reversal is allowed per term.

What happens if my appeal is denied?

You will need to repay the federal financial aid that is listed on the Return to Title IV letter you received.  You are advised to attend any courses in which you are registered but your Return to Title IV calculation will not be overturned.