Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Assessment & Testing FAQ

PCC now offers Accuplacer for placement testing.  Compass is no longer available.


Who takes assessments?

Information regarding exceptions to the assessments requirement is available on the assessments page. If you have questions, contact a student services center.

What will I need to take the assessments?

  • a completed and processed application for admission to Pima Community College. Go to Admissions for information on how to apply.
  • a current, valid photo ID such as a driver's license or state ID.

How can I prepare for the assessments?

  • purchase a sample study guide from the bookstore, or download sample tests free of charge
  • allow enough time for the tests - all three assessments take approximately 2 1/2 hours.

Testing Services

Does Pima offer a typing proficiency test?

Yes. The Center for Training and Development at the Desert Vista Campus administers timed typing tests. To take the test

  • call 206-5175 to schedule an appointment.
  • bring a current, valid photo ID to your appointment.
  • pay a $25 fee.

For more information, call 206-5175

Does Pima offer the GED test?

Yes, through PCC Adult Education. Call 206-6500 for more information.

Does Pima offer interest inventories to help with career exploration?

Yes. We offer the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. A counselor information referral and a fee are required. For more information, call a Student Services Center.

What is a CLEP test? Where can I take it?

The College-level Examination Program (CLEP) is a way to earn college credits without formally enrolling in courses. CLEP tests are available at the Northwest Campus (call 206-2212 for more information) and through The University of Arizona Testing Office. PCC's Davis-Monthan Air Force Base site also offers the CLEP test to those who have base access. (Call 206-4866 for more information.)