Assessment & Testing FAQ
|PCC now offers Accuplacer for placement testing. Compass is no longer available.|
Who takes Placement Tests?
What will I need to take the Placement Tests?
- a completed and processed application for admission to Pima Community College. Go to Admissions for information on how to apply.
- to have completed the Pre-Placement Tutorial in MyPima, under New Students tab, Step 2.
- a current, valid photo ID from a state or educational institution.
How can I prepare for the Placement Tests?
Does Pima offer a typing proficiency test?
Yes. The Center for Training and Development at the Desert Vista Campus administers timed typing tests. To take the test
- call 206-5175 to schedule an appointment.
- bring a current, valid photo ID to your appointment.
- pay a $25 fee.
For more information, call 206-5100
Does Pima offer the GED test?
Yes, through PCC Adult Education. Call 206-6500 for more information.
Does Pima offer interest inventories to help with career exploration?
Yes. We offer the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. A counselor information referral and a fee are required. For more information, call a Student Services Center.
What is a CLEP test? Where can I take it?
The College-level Examination Program (CLEP) is a way to earn college credits without formally enrolling in courses. CLEP tests are available at the Northwest Campus (call 206-2212 for more information).
PCC's Davis-Monthan Air Force Base site also offers the CLEP test to those who have base access. (Call 206-4866 for more information.)