New Student Orientation FAQ
- What is New Student Orientation? Why do I have to go?
- What will we do in the orientation?
- How much does it cost?
- How long is the orientation?
- Are orientations available during evening hours?
- At what campus should I go to orientation?
- What do I need to bring to New Student Orientation?
- I can't make any of the campus orientations. What should I do?
- I'm taking classes while I'm in high school. Do I have to attend orientation?
- I took PCC classes at my high school, so I'm not really a new student. Do I have to attend?
- Can I bring my parents?
- I'm taking classes for personal enrichment. Do I need to attend orientation?
- I went to college a few years ago. Do I need to attend orientation?
- I'm a current UA student looking to take a few classes. Do I need to attend orientation?
New student orientation is an essential learning experience that will give you a strong start to college. In orientation, you will learn what classes to take, how to choose and register for them, and the resources to help you succeed. Pima is committed to your educational success. Research shows that students who complete an orientation are much more likely to attain their goals in college. That's why all first-time college students are required to participate in an orientation session before they register for classes.
- Choose classes with the help of an advisor
- Register for classes in a friendly atmosphere
- Receive answers to questions about PCC campuses and programs
- Activate your MyPima account
- Learn how college differs from high school
- Begin your college career confidently
New Student Orientation is free!
New Student Orientations generally last two to three hours, depending on the components included. Components that vary by orientation include a campus tour, student or faculty panels, and presentations by Student Life, Learning Center, Career Services, Library Services and other PCC organizations.
Yes. Refer to the new student orientation schedule for details.
We highly recommend that you attend an orientation at the primary campus where you will take classes. However, you may attend orientation at any campus and register for classes at any other campus.
You should bring a photo ID such as a driver's license, state ID or any other ID with your photo on it, a pen or pencil, and an idea of what you would like to learn.
If you cannot attend an in-person session, you may complete the online orientation.
If you are taking a PCC Class through your high school, then you don't need to attend an orientation. If you plan to register for a class at PCC independent of your high school, then yes, you need to attend an orientation.
Yes, all new students have to attend orientation. It's a fun learning experience that will help you feel comfortable and confident on campus.
Yes, space permitting, parents are welcome to attend.
No, but you will find the orientation to PCC informative and beneficial.
If you have been out of school for a while, it's a good idea to go to an orientation so you will be familiar with the most current information and technology used at Pima.
Current UA students are not required to participate in orientation, but the information provided in these sessions will help you get off to a great start in your PCC classes.