Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

English Support at Pima

Want to improve your English skills?  Pima supports speakers of other languages by providing affordable access to English language instruction.  

Choose the program that is right for you! 

I am an International Student and want to earn a degree at Pima

Are you interested in getting a degree or certificate from Pima Community College?  International Students do not need a TOEFL score or advanced English proficiency to begin their studies!

We offer credit ESL courses in Reading, Writing, Oral Communication, Pronunciation, and American Culture. Begin at your level, from high-beginning to advanced, and build a solid foundation for success at Pima and for university transfer.

Find out more about how to become an international student at Pima!

I want to improve my English to go to a college or university. My English level is intermediate to advanced. I live in the U.S.

Are you interested in studying English to go to college or university?

Pima has intermediate to advanced English as a Second Language (ESL) courses for credit that will prepare you for college and work. U.S. residents can receive federal financial aid for these ESL courses.

See what kind of ESL courses are taught Pima and apply today!

I want to learn English for a better life and more opportunities. My English level is beginning to intermediate. I live in Arizona.

Are you an Arizona resident and a beginning to intermediate English student? Do you want to improve your English for your daily life, for your job or to get ready for college?

You can take free classes at the Pima's Adult Education Learning Centers.

Find out more about English Language Acquisition for Adults (ELAA) classes at Pima!