Successful journeys begin here
Welcome International Students! Discover the many benefits of starting your educational career at Pima Community College.
- You can save on tuition costs by starting your higher education at Pima Community College. Four-year universities are more expensive than community colleges.
- 2+2 opportunities. Get two degrees instead of one!
- Complete your first two years of higher education at Pima Community College and obtain an Associate’s Degree.
- Then complete your Baccalaureate Degree at a university. Pima's transfer agreements make it easy to transfer to our partner institutions, including the University of Arizona, to complete your degree.
- Get a quality education with highly qualified faculty and enjoy a personalized instruction in a small classroom setting.
- Experience the different education systems in the United States. Start your education in Pima Community College and transfer to our local university or another university in the United States.
- Gain a Competitive Edge. Enroll in our Honors Program.
We're here to support you!
Living and learning in a different country is exciting, but can make you feel uncertain. We are committed to making your stay warm and welcome.
That's why Pima Community College's Center for International Education and Global Engagement helps you through the student visa requirements and guides you through a successful academic experience. It's part of our pledge to help every student succeed.
- Immigration advising: understanding rights and responsibilities, applying for optional practical training.
- Academic advising: selecting program courses, reviewing progress toward university transfer, choosing English-as-a-Second-Language courses.
- Cultural adjustment: spending time with other international students, understanding American customs, learning how to live in Tucson.
Find out more about studying at Pima and connecting with students just like you.
Mandatory New Student Orientation for International Students
- June 13, 9:00 a.m.-5 p.m., Downtown Campus, LB-153 AND
- June 14, 1-6 p.m., West Campus, Library Classroom (3rd Floor)
Fall Academic and ESL International Student 2-day Orientation:
- Aug. 15, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., West Campus, D-107 AND
- Aug. 16, 1-7 p.m., West Campus, Library Classroom (3rd Floor)