Exemptions from Full-Time Enrollment
These exemptions for less than full-time enrollment (fewer than 12 credits) must be approved by the Center for International Education and Global Engagement before you are authorized to drop a course or fail to enroll in courses.
You must consult with an advisor in the Center for International Education and Global Engagement before changing your schedule.
- You need fewer than full-time status to complete your program.
- Request an exemption before the beginning of the semester.
- You must take appropriate action to maintain status, apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT), change your status, transfer to another school or depart from the United States.
Illness or Medical Condition
- May justify an interruption or reduction in a full course of study.
- You must present medical documentation to substantiate the condition. The documentation must come from a licensed medical doctor, doctor of osteopathy or clinical psychologist.