Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Transfer Student Instructions

Welcome to Pima Community College. Thank you for choosing to continue your college education with Pima.

Pima may count higher education courses that you've already taken toward a degree or certificate if

  • the coursework was completed at an institution accredited by any of the following accreditation commissions: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools; New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.; North Central Association of Colleges and Schools; Northwest Commission on Schools, Colleges and Universities; Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; Western Association of Schools and Colleges
  • you earned at least a grade of C or its equivalent for the course.
  • you attended another Arizona community college to fulfill general education requirements for the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC).

Follow these steps to transfer to Pima with a minimum of disruption to your academic and career pursuits. We'll help you every step of the way.


Apply to Pima

Apply for admission

It's quick and easy to apply for admission to PCC. You have several ways to do this.

How to Apply


Send Transcripts

Have a paper official transcript from the institution you previously attended sent directly to

Pima Community College
District Office - Admissions and Records
4905B E. Broadway Blvd., Suite 220
Tucson AZ 85709-1120

Or an electronic official transcript from the institution you previously attended sent directly to

The Admissions and Records Office will notify you that the transcript was received.


Ask for an Evaluation

Submit a Student Request for Transcript Evaluation to the address above or fax to 520-206-4790.

You have six months, from the date Pima Community College receives your transcript, to gain admittance and request a transcript evaluation. If you miss that deadline, your transcript will be destroyed.

Pima Community College also accepts international transcript evaluations from all the member companies of the National Association Credential Evaluations Services (NACES).  These evaluations will have a fee associated with them.  Consider your options carefully. 

Verify that the company that you select is:

  • a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluations Services (NACES) and,
  • is approved to perform comprehensive evaluations for transfer to US Regionally Accredited Institutions such as county community colleges and state universities.

It is important to note that courses taken internationally rarely can be used toward General Education coursework at Pima.  Your international coursework will most likely be articulated at Pima for elective credit only.  Please consider this carefully.


If Needed...

To Appeal a Transcript Evaluation Decision

Submit a Transcript Evaluation Appeal to the address or fax number listed above.

Download Transcript Evaluation Appeal