- When can I apply?
- How much does Pima cost?
- Will Pima help me with my career?
- Can I take courses that will transfer to a university?
- How do I transfer previous college credits to Pima?
- I'm still in high school. Can I attend Pima at the same time?
- What if I'm under 16 and want to take credit classes?
- Do I need a high school diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma to apply to Pima?
- complete the admissions process
- determine eligibility for financial aid
- enroll in classes at times and locations that are convenient for you
How much does Pima cost?
Your cost is based on the number of credits or hours you enroll in for each semester and any fees that are associated with your classes. Refer to our Costs of Credit Classes section for more information.
Many students receive other forms of assistance such as financial aid, veterans' benefits or scholarships to help with college costs.
Will Pima help me with my career?
Pima offers a variety of degrees and certificates that will help you start a career or learn new skills that you can use in your existing job. Contact an advisor or counselor who can help you identify which programs are right for you.
Counselors can use career interest inventories to help you determine what types of careers are right for you.
Can I take courses that will transfer to a university?
Yes. Pima offers courses and degrees that prepare you to transfer to a university (view information on transfer degrees). Pima also has a number of transfer partnerships that simplify and streamline obtaining your bachelor's degree.
How do I transfer previous college credits to Pima?
Follow these instructions on transferring credits to Pima.
- Apply for admission to the College
- Complete the Underage Student Enrollment Application and Agreement which includes signatures from your parent or guardian. Gather the following items to determine social and emotional readiness for College
- Copy of your most recent school transcript demonstrating at least a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or greater
- Two references from teacher/principal, clergy, adult mentor (other than a family member) who knows and can attest to your readiness for College level coursework in a College environment
- Call and make an appointment with the Student Services Manager at any campus.
- Desert Vista Campus: (520) 206-5033
- Downtown Campus: (520) 206-7228
- East Campus: (520) 206-7696
- Northwest Campus: (520) 206-2221
- West Campus: (520) 206-6992
Do I need a high school diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) to diploma to apply to Pima?
You do not need a high school diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma to apply. However, you may need it for certain programs such as Dental Hygiene or Nursing.
If you do not have a high school diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma you will not be eligible for Federal financial aid unless you are in an eligible iBEST program.