Supporting Pima with a planned gift benefits both you and the College. Planned gifts may include immediate income and substantial tax savings for you, while meeting your philanthropic goals and Pima's mission to provide the best education for students. Your generosity can be both immediate and enduring.
A bequest to the College included in your will is the easiest way to make a planned gift. When planning a bequest you may want to consider
- giving a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate
- making a statement of how you want your gift to be used
- establishing a permanently-restricted named endowment fund.
The recommended language for a bequest to Pima Community College through the PCC Foundation is,
“I give the sum of $_____ -or- I give _____ percent of my estate to the Pima Community College Foundation, a non-profit charitable foundation located in Tucson, Arizona, Tax ID #86-0345089, to be utilized for the purpose of (meeting the greatest needs of the College, providing scholarships, establishing an endowment, etc.).”
If you need additional assistance, please contact the PCC Foundation.
Life Insurance Policies
When you name the Foundation as a partial beneficiary or owner of a life insurance policy, you benefit from an applicable charitable tax deduction.
Retirement Plan Assets
When you name the Foundation as a beneficiary of your retirement plan you benefit from
- lifetime control of assets
- estate tax savings for estates exceeding a certain value
- the option to change beneficiaries if necessary.
Charitable Gift Annuities
A Charitable Gift Annuity allows you to transfer assets to the Foundation in exchange for a guaranteed schedule of lifetime payments to you and up to one other beneficiary.
Annuity benefits include
- increased cash flow
- income tax savings if the annuity is created during your lifetime
- possible savings on estate and capital gains taxes
Charitable Remainder Trust
When you name the Foundation as a recipient of an established trust, the trust
- makes scheduled payments to you or your beneficiaries
- becomes a Foundation asset when the trust terminates
A Charitable Remainder Trust provides you with the same benefits as charitable gift annuities.
Life Estate Agreements
A life estate agreement conveys the title of real property – usually a primary residence – to the Foundation. The property
- is yours to use during your lifetime
- becomes a Foundation asset upon your death.
- freedom from ongoing asset custody, investment and administrative responsibility
- estate tax savings.
Contact the Foundation for help with your planned gift.