How to Apply for Graduation
To graduate from PCC you are required to:
- complete the general education requirements for your program
- complete the required program core courses, support courses and prerequisite requirements
- complete the reading requirement if it is applicable for your degree or certificate
- earn a 2.0 or higher grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- earn at least a 'C' in your general education and core courses
- meet with an advisor to apply for graduation.
Specific requirements for associate degrees and certificate programs include
- Associate degree: complete at least 60 credits at the 100 level or higher. At least 15 credits of the program requirements must be taken at Pima.
- Certificate: complete between six and 59 credits of coursework. At least six credits of the program requirements must be taken at Pima.
Grades of 'F' do not fulfill requirements for any degrees or certificate programs. Grades of 'D' and 'P' do not fulfill requirements for transfer programs or for the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC). Grades of 'D' may count in support courses for some occupational certificates and degrees.
Applying for Graduation
When you have reached the final semester of your degree or certificate program it is time to apply for graduation. Degrees and certificates are awarded at the end of each semester.
To apply for graduation you need to complete these steps:
- meet with an advisor or counselor to review your program requirements and complete a graduation application form at any Student Services Center
Refer to the Key Dates and Deadlines page for application deadlines. Applications submitted after the deadline will be processed for the following semester.