Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page. Students seated in chairs conversing

Requesting Services

The Office of Access and Disability Resources (ADR) on any campus will assist students in requesting accommodations for classes, assessments, other enrollment processes, or any other college activity or event.

Registering with ADR and Requesting Services:

STEP 1: Contact any campus ADR office and make an appointment to speak with an ADR Program Specialist, or complete the online application. Requests may be made at any time during semester.

STEP 2: Provide the disability documentation requested by the ADR Program Specialist. The amount and type of documentation may vary depending on the nature of your request.

STEP 3: Discuss with an ADR Program Specialist the barriers you are encountering associated with your disability/medical condition (e.g., physical and mental or behavioral health).

STEP 4: Discuss the accommodations you would like to request to reduce or eliminate the barriers. Accommodations that are supported by documentation and do not fundamentally alter the curriculum or nature of the program will generally be approved. Alternatives will be discussed for accommodations that are not approved.

STEP 5: After approval, your ADR Program Specialist will inform each instructor of your accommodation(s) for their class.

STEP 6: Notify your ADR Program Specialist immediately if you do not receive any or all of your approved accommodations.

NOTE: You must request accommodations for every class, every new semester if you want them.

Accommodations may be requested at any time during the semester, but are not usually retroactive. Every effort will be made to provide you with required services when you need them. Some accommodations require lead time to arrange, so request accommodations as soon as you can. 

There is no charge to students for accommodations approved by ADR. However, students are responsible for other fees and expenses associated with College attendance.

ADA & Equal Opportunity, Reasonable Accommodation Guidelines for Students

Comment Card

Do you have a comment or suggestion related to the services ADR provides? Please complete an ADR comment card or you may call or visit any of the campus centers or email the Office of Access and Disability Resources (ADR) at