Public Safety & Emergency Services Institute
As a public safety organization, you need your employees to be ready to meet all types of challenges and assume great responsibility when called upon to do so. Your colleagues in public safety agencies and organizations throughout Southern Arizona look to PCC’s Public Safety and Emergency Services Institute (PSESI) to provide training and educational opportunities to their employees.
The institute provides
- management education.
- leadership development.
- professional development opportunities.
- customized training and education programs.
Your employees gain
- new and improved skills.
- an understanding on how to meet an agency's changing environment.
- insight into contemporary issues.
- knowledge of current techniques and technology.
PSESI offers several PCC certificates and degrees for careers or advanced training in law enforcement, fire and safety. It also prepares your trainees for available certification of skills.
Subjects offered as credit courses include:
- Crime Scene Management: Training for law enforcement officials to become crime scene technicians or analysts
- Emergency Medical Technology - Paramedic: Skill enhancement for EMT professionals
- Fire Science: Programs coordinated with the Tucson Fire Department Public Safety Academy and the Arizona State Fire Marshal's Office
- Law Enforcement: Introductory, basic officer training and management development course.