Administrative & Staff Job Classifications
Class Specification Title: Curriculum Coordinator
The Curriculum Coordinator is a stand-alone classification. Incumbents perform duties related to district-wide curriculum programs by providing information to faculty and administration on curriculum requirements, developing course content as recommended by faculty, and researching benchmarks for program development and occupational program requirements
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Meets with faculty, administration, and external representatives to confer and advise and provide information on curriculum requirements. Daily 35%
- Oversees and/or develops various reports, databases, and forms related to curriculum programming. Daily 10%
- Reviews curriculum for proper development, format and objectives; revises curriculum or catalog as needed. Daily 10%
- Develops courses and programs as recommended by faculty for college level work. Daily 10%
- Conducts academic and occupational research for new programs, including labor market analysis for feasibility studies. Daily 5%
- Oversees and maintains curriculum materials; maintains related files. Daily 5%
- Responds to internal and external inquiries and requests for information regarding curriculum. Daily 5%
- Provide support in researching for new program development. Daily 5%
- Assists in special projects and identifies training needs involving course and program development. Daily 5%
- Facilitates and attends various meetings concerning curriculum development and articulation. Weekly 5%
- May assist in coordinating faculty professional development. 5%
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level. As Required.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MIGHT INCLUDE:
Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field and two years of curriculum development experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Licensing/Certification Requirements for some positions in this class may require:
- None Required.
Knowledge of (position requirements at entry):
- Database management principles;
- Higher education curriculum development principles and trends;
- Technical writing;
- Needs assessment methods;
- Research methods;
- Customer service principles;
- Applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations;
- Computers and applicable programs and software.
Skills in (position requirements at entry):
- Developing and monitoring curricula;
- Using current technology including applicable programs and software;
- Utilizing and managing databases;
- Ability to interpret information and data
- Reading and writing technical documentation;
- Critical thinking
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- Monitoring and evaluating employees;
- Researching and evaluating curriculum standards;
- Interpreting and applying local, state, and federal requirements and regulations;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc.
Positions in this class typically require:talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions and fine finger movements – using the fingers to manipulate/handle objects such as typing, sorting papers, activating buttons, sorting/separating small parts.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Draft prepared by Fox Lawson & Associates LLC (DJG/LM)
Revised by Human Resources, 06/07, 11/2014