Once you have submitted your completed application packet for part-time teaching as an adjunct faculty member, your file will be assigned to a Certification Analyst who will perform the following steps:
- Review your application packet and confirm that your degrees are from regionally accredited institutions.
- Notify you if any additional documentation is required.
- Evaluate your transcripts and supporting documents against qualifications requirements.
- Obtain Provost's Office approval of certification evaluation.
- Send a Pima Community College Faculty Standards Teaching Certificate to you by mail.
- Add your name to the adjunct faculty pool showing all disciplines for which you are certified.
Currently, due to a College-wide re-certification project, new certification may take several months.
Whom should I contact regarding my certification status? Contact the Faculty Certification Office.
After I have received my certificate, what happens next?