Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) & Affirmative Action (AA)
Pima Community College is committed to an environment free of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The College’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity principals encompasses both the letter and the spirit of the federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination in employment.
Retaliation against a person who has filed a complaint or who is cooperating with an investigation or participating in an investigation is also prohibited. Acts of retaliation may be grounds for disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Processes, Policies and Practices
Employees and Students: Any College employee or student who believes he or she has been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status may contact the Office of Dispute Resolution to file a complaint. The complaint must be filed within 90 days of the last act of alleged discrimination which violated federal law, state law or College policy. The links below provide an overview of the steps included in the process and specific information on official College policy and practice.
- PCC Administrative Procedure AP 5.10.03 - Procedure for Complaints of Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- PCC Administrative Procedure AP 5.10.04 - Americans with Disability Act Reasonable Accommodation Guideline for Employees/ Applicants
- PCC Administrative Procedure AP 3.46.02 - Disability Documentation Requirements: Establishment of Eligibility for Services under ADA/Section 504
- PCC Administrative Procedure AP 3.46.03 - Nondiscrimination of Students On the Basis of Disability— Academic Adjustments and Other Accommodation
- PCC Administrative Procedure AP 3.46.06 - Complaint Procedure for Students with Disabilities
In addition, the College voluntarily applies the principles of Affirmative Action to guide and monitor its recruitment effort thereby fostering a diverse and qualified employee population in all areas of the College community.
- PCC Board Policy 5.10 – Equal Employment Opportunity, ADA, Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment (including Sexual Harassment)
EEO Compliance Laws - Know Your Rights
- The Law - in English
- The Law - in Spanish
- Your Rights under USERRA: The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act