Pima County Community College District Standard Practice Guide
SPG Title: Criteria for Placement of New Programs
SPG Number: SPG-3105/GA
Effective Date: 01/25/05
Approval Date: 01/25/05
Sponsoring Unit/Department: Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor of Academic Services
Regulation Title & No.:
Board Policy Title & No.: Curriculum, BP-3105
The purpose of this Standard Practice Guide is to establish criteria that will be used in the placement of new programs once a feasibility study has determined that the program is viable. This supports Initiative 1 of the 2004-2006 College Plan.
II. Components of the College System for Placement of New Programs Criteria
- Facilities and infrastructure at site match or can easily match program needs.
- Responds to student demographics and/or labor market information.
- Facilitates shared curriculum and/or faculty with other programs existing at proposed site.
- Strengthens partnerships at the site.
- Capitalizes on geographic proximity to industry.
- Promotes equitable distribution of student enrollments and support services.
- Consistent with the College's strategy for equitable allocation and reallocation of College resources.
- Contributes to the growth of programs on a new campus or site.