PCC Governing Board
Strategic Priorities and Goals
Fall 2018 - Fall 2019
Approved by the Board on August 8, 2018
At the May 2018 Pima Community College Governing Board retreat, the following strategic priorities and goals were identified. These strategic priorities will be evaluated as part of the annual Board Self Evaluation.
- Student Success and Focus on Enrollment Management
Highly focused attention to Student Success including: Enrollment, Access, Persistence, Retention, Completion and Post Completion while remaining highly focused on short and long term enrollment management with expectations of measurable results and outcomes to ensure institutional stability.
- Budget Reduction and Reorganization
Ensuring the viability and sustainability of the organization while monitoring a process that honors and respects all employees.
- Monitor Institutional Effectiveness
Continue to monitor and measure effectiveness of the college at all levels. Update a reporting calendar with a focus on strategic initiatives, goals, timeline and outcomes.
- Prepare for the December HLC Accreditation Visit
Prepare for the college’s accreditation visit. Review documents and the Board’s role within the accreditation process. Participate in the accreditation visit. Support implementation of the report recommendations and continued standard pathway model.
- Leadership Development
Encourage and support the development of institutional leadership at all levels.
- Enhance the Image of District and Advocate for the College
Oversee and monitor branding and marketing initiatives while continuing to advocate for the college at the local, state and national level and within the private sector.
- Monitor and assure alignment of Budget Process
Align the budget to the vision, mission and strategic priorities and plans of the college.
- Review Select Policies
Review and update board policies as part of annual cycle, review by-laws. Focus on ethics policy and code of conduct.
- Chancellor Goals, Objective and Timelines 2018-19
Monitor the Chancellor's goals and regularly update objectives and timeline.
- Continue Board Professional Development
Encourage and support professional development of each board member, including attendance at national, state and local conferences.
Archive of Board Priorities, Strategies and Plans
- Fall 2018-Fall 2019 Board Strategic Priorities and Goals, Aug. 2018
- Fall 2017-Fall 2018 Board Priorities and Goals, Sept. 2017
- Fall 2016-Fall 2017 Board Priorities and Action Items, Nov. 2016
- Fall 2015-Fall 2016 Board Priorities and Action Items, 2015
- Board Priorities and Statement of Strategic Intent, 2013