Finance and Audit Committee
As part of the College's continued improvements in financial accountability and transparency, the Governing Board created a Finance and Audit Committee. Structured to provide additional oversight and monitoring responsibilities of the College’s financial, audit, and investment related performance, policies, and procedures, the Committee also allows for better sharing of financial information with the Governing Board and other constituencies, including the public. Governing Board Bylaws address Board committees and their creation; the Finance and Audit Committee was created as an advisory committee in compliance with these Bylaws.
The Committee consists of:
- Two PCC Governing Board Members
- Five to eight community representatives
- Professionally knowledgeable about finance, accounting, auditing, and/or investments
- Recommended by the chairperson of the Committee and appointed by the PCC Governing Board
All members of the Committee shall be familiar with:
- The basics of PCC finance and accounting practices
- Understand PCC’s business
- Generally understand internal control and risk management frameworks
- To obtain this familiarity and understanding, Committee members will be provided training conducted by PCC.
Length of service will be expected to be at least one year and will be a maximum of two three-year terms. Due to the nature of some of the information, Committee members will be required to sign a confidentiality statement.
The Committee will meet no fewer than four times per year and more often as needed. All Committee members are expected to attend each meeting, in person or via tele- or videoconference. State of Arizona open meeting statutes A.R.S. §§ 38-431 to 431.09 will be applicable.
If you meet the qualifications above and are interested in becoming a member of the College’s Finance and Audit Committee, please email a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governing Board Members:
- Demion Clinco
- Maria Garcia
- Bert Landau
- Jesus Manzanedo
- Marie Nemerguth
- Tracy Nuckolls (Chair)
- Scott Odom
- Adrianne Regrutto (Chair Elect)
- Clarence Vatne