Pima recognizes the sacrifice of those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. As a veteran, survivor or dependent, you may be eligible for educational benefits to further your goals.
All College programs are approved for enrollment of veterans, survivors and dependents under Title 38 USC and selected reservists under Title 10 USC.
Deferment of payment for tuition, fees and required books and materials is available to anyone who is eligible for, and has applied for, benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606, 1607 and the Veteran's Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP).
- payments are deferred with no interest until the end of the deferral period
- deferment is available during any registration period in which a veteran is awaiting Montgomery GI Bill or VRAP benefits
- electronic book loan funds are available at any campus bookstore
Student Service Centermaps
Use the New Veteran Student Checklist to get started.
- download a copy of VA Form 1990/5490 at www.vba.va.gov. Click on "On-Line Benefits Applications." You can turn in your completed and signed form, along with your supporting documentation, to any campus Student Service Center or you can email it, along with your supporting documentation, to email@example.com.
- once your VA Form 1990/5490 is received, we will give you a Vet tab on your MyPima account.
- we cannot certify your enrollment unless we receive a VA Certification Worksheet. A new VA Certification Worksheet must be completed prior to the start of each semester or any time you make changes to your schedule. You can submit the VA Certification Worksheet through your MyPima Vet tab.
If you received benefits at PCC during the last semester:
- register for the courses that meet the objectives stated in your MyDegreePlan report
- complete a new VA certification worksheet. It is available through your MyPima Vet tab. A new VA certification worksheet must be received every semester.
If you have previously received benefits from Pima but have not attended Pima for a semester or more, or have attended another institution since you last attended Pima, you must complete
- a VA Form 1995/5495 available at www.vba.va.gov. Turn it in to any campus Student Service Center or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a VA Certification Worksheet. It is available through your MyPima Vet tab.
Veterans Quick Links
- US Department of Veterans Affairs 1-888-GI-BILL (1-888-442-4551)
- VA Education Benefits Forms
- VA Education Benefits Pay Rates
- VA Health Care Frequently Asked Questions
Veterans Chapter Information
- Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI-Bill
- Chapter 33 TEB: Transfer of Post 9/11 GI-Bill Benefits to Dependents
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI-Bill
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI-Bill Selected Reserve
- Chapter 35: Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA)
- Chapter 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP)
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation
- VRAP: Veteran's Retraining Assistance Program