PCC has established 14 general committees to research and write the Self-Study Report due July 2014.
The Committees below are coordinated by a Steering Committee. The HLC Working Group guides the Self-Study process and acts as a resource for the various Self-Study committees. Read a more detailed description of each Committee.
- Criterion One: Mission
The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operations.
- Criterion Two: Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct
The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- Criterion Three: Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources, and Support
The institution provides high quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- Criterion Four: Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement
The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
- Criterion Five: Resources, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness
The institution’s resources, structures, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities. The institution plans for the future.
- Assumed Practices
- Response to concerns from the 2010 Self-Study
- Response to concerns identified by the HLC in the probation sanction:
Criterion Two, Core Component 2.A
Criterion Five, Core Component 5.B and 5.C
- Federal Compliance
- Multi-campus Coordination
- Follow-up from the SLO Monitoring Report
- Follow-up from the current Monitoring Report
- Archive/Electronic Evidence Room
- Writing team
Committee members are selected from employee, student and community member volunteers. Additional members and/or replacement members will be selected as needed.
- Current committee membership
- Details on the volunteer and placement process
- Employee committee placement statistics
Membership generally consists of PCC Faculty (4-6 members), Adjunct Faculty (2 members), Staff (7 members), Students (2 members), Administrators (2-3 members), and the 5 Board of Governors members, each serving on one of the Criteria Committees. In addition, a Writing Committee and Archive/Electronic Reading Room Committee have been established, with a writer and archivist being assigned to each committee.